Executes spin-off of non-core businesses, names Jacob Greenfield Vice President of high growth Corrosion Services Unit.
ROSWELL, GA, Jan. 1, 2020 – Pipeline Controls & Services, Inc. (PC&S) announced today the completion of its strategic review and its restructuring to focus wholly on growth and development of its Corrosion Services Group. The company’s former Systems Integration and Application Development groups will separately spin off as unaffiliated companies, respectively. The remaining Corrosion Services Group will have a sharper strategic focus and greater opportunity to leverage its unique competitive advantages.
“PC&S is positioned now more than ever to become one of the nation’s leading corrosion services providers,” said Jacob Greenfield, Vice President. “Following an extensive review process, which included an in-depth analysis of our businesses, strategies and market opportunities, we concluded that restructuring to focus solely on our corrosion services is the best path to position PC&S for long term success and maximize value creation,” Greenfield continued. PC&S Corrosion will operate as an independent service, with added flexibility to further strengthen operations toward a new phase of growth, productivity and industry leadership.
“We are building a track record of execution, led by improved operational and administrative discipline. I have total confidence in our path forward for our core corrosion business,” said Mike Mahone, President and CEO. “Both the Systems Integration and Application Development businesses are independently essential to the industries they serve, but each business has unique dynamics. Our leadership’s decision to separate marks a milestone in our strategic evolution and will best position each to serve the specific needs of their clients and successfully address rapidly changing dynamics in the marketplace,” added Mahone. As independent companies, the Systems Integration and Application Development businesses will accelerate decision making and push key initiatives that improve the performance of each business.
The company also acquired a significant inventory of heavy construction equipment to further enhance its competitive edge in capital construction project execution.
Restructuring to focus solely on corrosion services, PC&S will be able to more effectively:
- Drive results with a singular focus and an independent structure that allows faster decision-making.
- Benefit from strategic flexibility to invest in growth opportunities.
- Streamline operations and administration to better coordinate with multiple active project field offices.
About Pipeline Controls & Service, Inc.
Headquartered in Roswell, Georgia and operational in all 50 states, PC&S offers a full catalog of turnkey Corrosion Control Solutions. The workforce is comprised of NACE-certified technicians, registered engineers, and experienced project managers who work closely with their customers to design, engineer, and implement corrosion control and AC/DC mitigation systems. Key services include:
- Inline Inspection (ILI) (Program Management, Pre-ILI Operations, During ILI Operations, Post ILI Operations)
- Internal Corrosion (Chemical Program Management, Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor)
- Technical Services (Over the Ground Survey, Survey Mitigation, DC Interference Testing and Assessment, AC Mitigation Testing, Data Analysis and Reporting)
- Engineering Design (Cathodic Protection, AC/DC Mitigation, Project Management, Program Management, Data Management)
- Construction (AC Mitigation, CP System Installation, Test Station Installation, Material Selection & Procurement)
- Inspection (Coating Inspection, Construction, Pipeline Remediation Projects, Operations Representatives, Atmospheric Inspection)
- Pipeline Field Services (Inspection, GIS mapping, Tool Tracking, Lifting Services, NORM and Tool Decontamination)