we know the pipeline business
Corrosion Services : division highlight
The Corrosion Control Group at PC&S offers a full spectrum of corrosion control services. Employees are registered engineers and certified by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE). Although we work nationally, we take pride in working closely with our customers to design, engineer, and implement corrosion prevention systems.
We offer a wide range of corrosion services including:
- ILI Services (Pre-Inline Inspection (ILI) Operations, During ILI Operations ,Post ILI Operations)
- Inspection Services (Coating Inspection, Construction, Pipeline Remediation Projects, Operations Representatives, Atmospheric Inspection)
- Construction Services (AC Mitigation, CP System Installation, Test Station Installation, Material Selection & Procurement)
- Technical Services (Over the Ground Survey, Survey Mitigation, DC Interference Testing and Assessment, AC Mitigation Testing, Data Analysis and Reporting)
- Pipeline Field Services (Inspection, GIS mapping, Tool Tracking, Lifting Services, NORM and Tool Decontamination)
- Design Services (Cathodic Protection, AC / DC Mitigation, Project Management, Program Management, Data Management)
- Internal Corrosion (Chemical Program Management, Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor)
Jacob oversees the day-to-day operations of the Corrosion team while also advising and consulting many high-profile clients. He successfully led the merger of PC&S’ regional .....
Mahinder is the lead design engineer at PC&S for AC interference study and mitigation projects. He has extensive experience in designing and commissioning corrosion .....
TOM VAN GOOR
Tom oversees individual project management and the direction of all business development efforts. He serves clients across the U.S., covering key industry .....
CASE STUDY : AST
Volatile corrosion: whole cathodic protection of ast's
In the Permian basin of West Texas, a supermajor’s high producing facility endured a catastrophic failure and turned to PC&S to assess and solve their volatile corrosion problems.
During risk assessment procedures we learned there was no cathodic protection of the Soil Side Bottom (SSB) of their Aboveground Storage Tanks (AST) and took all steps necessary to seal and protect the tanks using a Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI), i.e., provide access for the corrosion inhibitor and seal out the elements.
We then monitor VCI levels to ensure continued effectiveness and reapplication needs. To mitigate additional failures, we reassessed how they protect their assets from corrosion at all facilities and created a new standard for the protection of all ASTs.
Randall Anderson – Design; Engineering; Management of Installation
Brian Langman – All Cathodic Protection